Thursday 27 January 2011

Chicken biryani

We had chicken biyani today for lunch. I don't know the name of the restaurant because they didn't have a business card when I asked, but the food was excellent. It made a relatively light but extremely tasty lunch, served on the traditional South Indian banana leaf with cucumber and red onion raita, and a vegetable curry

One of the great things about much Asian food is the quality of the meat. Today's chicken reminded me of the turkey we used to have at Christmas when I was growing up. It had so much more taste than even decent quality  poultry at home. It wasn't filleted either, and cooking meat on the bone like this only adds to the flavour

I'm looking forward to more good food on this trip, especially a masala dosa; a giant rolled up crepe stuffed with potato curry, and served with sambar and green coconut chutney. My mouth has started watering at the thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment