Friday 18 February 2011

Ilkla Moor Baht 'at

Last night I did 4 x 550ft hill reps on Ilkley Moor. I felt strong on the climbs but the ground was very slippery, so I took it easy descending. The rock steps above Rocky Valley were bad in particular and they were taken at a very steady pace. My Walsh PBs are well past their best and this wasn’t helping on the downhills

I’m going to try to do hill reps every week I’m at home and have arranged to meet Geoff, a mate from the FRA forums, next week over on Otley Chevin. It’s a good idea I think not to get stale with training and even though we don’t have the steep ground and long climbs found in Lakeland or Snowdonia, in our area there are plenty of opportunities to make a useful contribution to the 10,000ft per week climbing many think is a good guide to BG success, in the week outside of prime weekend sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment