Thursday 17 February 2011

The Nab

We had another 'informal timed training run' last night. This started and finished in Oxenhope and was organised superbly by Ian Page from Wharfedale Harriers. The course was around 4ml / 760ft and in the opposite direction to the regular race my club (Keighley and Craven AC) put on in the autumn, in memory of Ashley 'Beefy' Bevan

I had a really good run and am starting to feel that the last six weeks increased training is starting to pay off. My climbing has definitely improved and I'm sure losing some weight has helped me move quicker generally

Afterwards we all retired to the Lamb Inn for rather good Timothy Taylors Landlord, brewed just down the hill, and the usual post run analysis and stories from the evening's outing (these invariably revolve around getting lost in the dark). It's traditional to have a 'guess your time' competition and I was five minutes or so under my estimated time, which I took to be a good sign!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that someone else is also feeling the positive effects of an increased training plan. Well done Tupmeister!

    ReplyDelete