Wednesday 16 March 2011

The Beacon


It was back to the hill reps last night for the first time since I got back from Asia. 6 x 150ft very runnable reps with my headtorch on the Langbar Bridleway at the bottom of Beamsley Beacon. I remember a time when one climb of these two sloping fields used to bury me but last night I reckon I could have kept going for hours, which is handy because come July that's what I'll need to be able to do

I love Beamsley Beacon. It's very much my local hill, and I always enjoy going up there whether running or walking, and at any time of the year. The views over to Haworth Moor, Boulsworth, Pendle, Embsay Moor and up into Wharfedale 'proper' are excellent on a clear day, and in spring or summer there's often the chance of seeing an interesting bird or two including at times red kite, golden plover, snipe, wheatear, and if you're very lucky short-eared owl

No comments:

Post a Comment