Monday 14 March 2011

Hobble weekend

I got back into Manchester airport around 8.30am on Saturday, drove home and then went over to help out at the Hobble HQ following a quick shower and a mug of tea. I'm not sure how it happened but I ended up doing the time-keeping with another lad from K&C and really enjoyed it, especially seeing the runners finish. Duncan Harris, winner of the Fellsman Hike last May, was first man back and Aly Raw from Bingley Harriers first woman

Stef had planned originally to go up to the Lakes recceing but decided to run the Hobble instead so I was there to see her finish with our friend Phil Jones. She enjoyed her run immensely (her first Hobble) and had spent a good chunk of the event running with Phil, which I reckoned was good thinking as he knew the way!

After a Chinese takeaway and an early night on Saturday we went up to Starbotton in Upper Wharfedale yesterday and did 15miles / 5500ft including climbing Gt Whernside by Pete Jebb's excellent race route. It was a fabulous spring-like run and the drive back down the dale was great with fields full of lambs and oystercatchers and curlews everywhere

1 comment:

  1. Well done to Stef, particularly for doing so much on Sunday too. I had a horrible run. I wasn't feeling good from the outset, and had to walk the last eight miles or so.:-( Sorry I wasn't more communicative at the end.

    ReplyDelete