Saturday 5 March 2011

Thai green curry

I got my Thai curry finally last night in the hotel along with some rather tasty pork fried rice. The curry was made with chicken plus the traditional aubergines, and was green (there are two main types of Thai curry: green made with a lot of fresh herbs including fresh chillies, and red, which is nearer perhaps in appearance to an Indian curry and fired by dried chillies). Plenty of herbs had been used and the first flavour I noticed was a wonderful strong basil taste then coconut, coriander, lemon grass and galangal (similar to ginger) before the warmth of the chillies kicked in. Fantastic!

This morning I few into Saigon (Ho Chi Min City) in Vietnam. We called to see one customer on the way from the airport to the hotel and it was good to catch up with him as he's an old friend and a smashing guy with it. I'm now off until Monday morning so it will be the gym for me tomorrow after a lie in. I've not slept well at all since arriving in Asia on Thursday so I'm hoping to get some much needed rest before a busy schedule of meetings and customer visits starts on Monday


No comments:

Post a Comment