Tuesday 5 April 2011

The Bosphorous, a mixed grill and a bit of a tan

Several day's of spring Lakeland weather have left me looking relatively brown and healthy. Gone is that horrible grey February death pallor, now replaced by a bit of a tan; the kind generated by plenty of scree running and sunshine. It feels ironic then that I'm sat in my hotel room in my big old Rab fleece

I'm staying in the Hilton hotel overlooking Basiktas football stadium and close to the Bosphorous. It's still very much winter here and it's been like being transported back a couple of months in time

The hotel is fine and virtually next door to our partners' office. Today we had what turned out to be an eleven hour day with a very quick working lunch. I was tired when I got back around 7-30pm but a mixed grill, three Efes beers and a plate of profiteroles and ice-cream with warm chocolate sauce seem to have revived me. Well, them and my cosy favourite fleece

1 comment:

  1. Well tonight you missed a run up Sharpaw, Mary Jane in the Narrowboat and Bizzie Lizzies. Life doesn't get much better. Hope the kebabs are making up for it!

    ReplyDelete