Thursday 12 May 2011

Not long to go now

Stef arrived safely in Addingham around 4am this morning (!) after a good drive up from Southampton, and is currently putting the finishing touches together for her Bob Graham attempt starting at 7pm tomorrow. I've been busy this morning printing-off spare schedules etc

This evening I have to meet Linda to collect her hill-food (Linda is setting off at the same time as Stef with her own crew but using Stef's road support i.e. my friend Dave and his mate Jonny B) before Stef and I go to Dave's to take food, kit and drinks over plus pass on Linda's stuff. We're calling on the way to Dave's to see a couple of K&C friends who have offered kindly to lend us Hope headtorchs for the overnight run over leg 2

The weather forecast doesn't look too bad (showers basically) and before we know it I expect we'll be on our way to the Lakes in the morning. Jonny B is going to update a Twitter account Stef has set-up so friends, family and colleagues can monitor her progress. This can be accessed here

I'm getting increasingly excited for Stef and Linda because after some really good training over the spring and with excellent support teams in place they both have a real chance of joining the one hundred or so women on what I refer to as Morgan's list

Go gals go!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to Linda and Stef, perhaps after they add their names to the list, I'll attempt on myself someday!

    ReplyDelete