Thursday 23 June 2011

Beamsley Beacon fell race


This is definitely one of my favourite events of the year and last night lived up to expectations. I had a decent run with a time more or less half way between my best and worst for the race and it was lovely seeing loads of friends out for the evening

The start and finish is at the Swan, the best drinkers' pub in the village and re-hydration after running went well too with three pints of very well kept Ilkley Brewery's Mary Jane being consumed (I'm keeping quiet about the can of warm John Smith's Smooth Flow I drank when I got home!)

Thanks to David Hird and Kevin Rogan from Wharfedale Harriers and everyone else involved in marshaling, clearing nettles from the infamous ginnel etc. Results here More photos from Andy Holden on flickr here

No comments:

Post a Comment