Wednesday 29 June 2011

The Big Cairn

I went over to Ilkley last night and did a couple of my old Bob Graham hill reps (550ft climb) up to the big cairn above Rocky Valley and back down. As I approached the cairn for the second time there was a curlew sat on top and it only flew off when I got very close. My friend Geoff reminded me this morning that I swore I'd never do another hill rep again as we climbed Great Gable together 19hours or so into my round but I guess they've become a bit of a habit!

It's the Cragg Vale fell race tonight (hence me only doing two reps) and I'll be running it for the first time. Jackie from Calder Valley, who is the race organiser, came over to run then stay with us during 'Cockley Beck week' and she completed a BG recently so it'll be good to have a catch-up with her tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment