Tuesday 7 June 2011

Strid Woods again

I went for a walk in the Strid Woods last night for the first time in what felt like ages. It was a lovely evening for a walk and several pied flycatchers were busy feeding young. Amongst other species I saw wood warbler, treecreeper, curlew, oystercatcher, sand martin plus lots of wonderful baby blue tits and great tits

It's about time I started doing some proper running again and to that end I have penciled in Abbey Runners Anniversary fell race on Thursday evening. This is a cracking event starting and finishing in Kettlewell and first run a couple of years ago to celebrate the club's 25th anniversary. I ran that year and it was what inspired my training routes passing between Upper Wharfedale and Littondale. Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment