Thursday 9 June 2011

Wagon and Horses, Oxenhope


Our club run last night started and finished at the Wagon and Horses above Oxenhope. I arrived there early and about half an hour before our usual starting time it was absolutely throwing it down with rain. However, the weather cleared up around 6-45pm and 19 or 20 of us had a lovely run round a route put together by Charlie which included parts of the Yorkshireman marathon, the Howarth Hobble and the Wadsworth Trog

We passed by Fly Flatts reservoir which has been hosting good numbers of wading birds recently. The Calder Birders blog has been recording regular sightings of ringed plover, sanderling and common sandpiper along with local specialty twite. A group run isn't an ideal scenario to check out the birds on the reservoir but there appeared to be a group of birders at the other end of the reservoir doing just that

After the run beer and crisps were taken and I was glad there was a fire lit near where we were sat as I'd got quite cold on the run in spite of wearing my OMM jacket. I've lost 17 pounds in weight since Christmas and think I'm missing a bit of insulation now!

No comments:

Post a Comment