Friday 26 August 2011

Reps and plans

It was back to hill-reps on Beamsley Beacon last night. I managed five times up and down the bottom two fields and it was hard work. In fairness I felt (and slept) so much better for just getting out of the house and doing something. My fitness has been slipping away and I really need to get going again now, especially with Bob Graham recces coming up

Stef is coming up to Yorkshire for the weekend and we've planning a night out bivvying tomorrow with Steve Brock, plus we're hoping to catch up with Dave, Sara and Douglas, who's walking now. I've not seen Dave and family for weeks due to my trip to Bangladesh then two week holiday so it'll be great to see them

On Monday we're going to Blacktoft Sands RSPB reserve We went this time last year and saw marsh harriers and a wood sandpiper along with curlew sandpiper and little stint. It's a great reserve and August is a good time to visit with many migrants passing

No comments:

Post a Comment