Wednesday 19 October 2011

Turn, turn, turn

I had to scrape my car windscreen this morning for the first time since last winter. There's a real feel of changing seasons in the air and the nights are drawing in very quickly now. On Sunday afternoon I went for a run and it was getting dark when I got home; much earlier than I expected and on a decent evening. The curlews are back in the fields at Ben Rhydding again and were huddled up very closely yesterday morning when I drove by on the way to work

Last night Stef and I set off to do a bit of bird watching at Cononley Ings but we didn't get very far as the heavens opened as we drove through Silsden. I've run along the river Aire a few times with the club but have never been down there bird watching apart from very briefly last November to see a grey phalarope, which stayed a few days on a tiny pool. Maybe we can go there on Friday, because I finish work earlier and can be home around 4pm

It's our mid-week club run tonight and I think it might be time a dig out the lycra. Running in shorts is great but I might have to get out my 3/4s or even full length tights if it's cold. Light gloves will be needed soon too. Brrrrrrrrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment