Thursday 17 November 2011

Another Wednesday night

There seemed to be a few less folk out for our Wednesday night headtorcher but we had a good hour or so run anyway. The ground was very dry and my New Balance 101 trail shoes coped much better than last week. Afterwards the White Lion staff provided us with very tasty Coronation chicken sandwiches and chips, both of which went well with the Landlord beer

In the pub I sat next to Peter, one of our club runners who has a degenerative fault with his eyesight. Peter hasn't been running much for months but was in good spirits and is hoping to register for next year's Fellsman I gave him some advice on training runs he could do and said he was more than welcome to have a walk round the short Hebden course with Stef and I in January

There was some BG chat too because the club's plans to have a go at the Billy Bland Challenge are taking shape now. We have a meeting to discuss things more formally next Wednesday following a lot of interest and banter on the club's web-site and one or two folk asked if they could run with me (presumably because they think I might know where I'm going!)

No comments:

Post a Comment