Thursday 8 December 2011

God is always soup

It's my last night in Saigon tonight after another good day on the road. It's been a good week actually, with plenty of customer meetings, and a bit of fun too (last night we had dinner with a customer, Mr Hung, who invited me for a 'foot massage'. I told him it was a waste of good drinking time and declined, politely). I love Vietnam and always enjoy the company of the team of people who distribute our products here for us and this week has been right up there with my favourite overseas trips

We have good news at home. Stef called me yesterday to say she has landed a new job in Leeds, which is a promotion in effect. She is moving up now on Saturday and starting work on Monday. I'm guessing one of her first tasks will be to organise her first ever company car! She is understandably in very good spirits

If anyone is wondering what 'God is always soup' means then they are not the only one. I saw the phrase on a menu at lunchtime and it's been intriguing me in a nice way ever since! I'm presuming it's the kind of mis-translation which is common all over the world but I like the metaphysical question it poses

No comments:

Post a Comment