Saturday 10 December 2011

Home

Stef is on her way up to Yorkshire and will not be going back to Southampton. Her home will be here from today. I've been home for a couple of hours and I'm slowly getting to used to the cold! My first proper mug of tea tasted good and I'm on my fourth now I think. I'm well pleased that I thought to leave my central heating to come on in the mornings

The flight back into Manchester was amazing. I do a lot of flying and I've experienced a few emotional returns into local airports but today was extra special. The sky had been clear most of the way from Paris up to and over the Midlands but as we reached the Peak District there was very thin cloud (a bit like lace curtains). Through this you could see the snow covered hills and the run rise and then, as we dropped into Manchester, appear to re-set! The ground was wet and probably slightly icy in places but the pilot landed very gently and it wasn't long before I had my bag and was driving home

No comments:

Post a Comment