Tuesday 31 January 2012

Bolton Abbey headtorcher

I managed my third Monday headtorcher in three weeks with Dave last night. We met by the cricket ground at Bolton Abbey and ran up to Barden Bridge and back. From memory this run works out at around 8.5miles and it's all very runnable (which doesn't mean we ran all the way there and back). We were lucky enough to spot a deer with our headtorchs around the Strid area and then later hear a pair of tawny owls calling to each other. Somehow, we managed to get mislaid for a few minutes near the Strid too but we were soon back on the Dales Way footpath without mishap

Tonight Stef and I are meeting Becca for a session of my old BG hill-reps on Ilkley Moor. It is absolutely freezing outside at present and sadly I can't see it getting any warmer between now and 7-00pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment