Monday 2 January 2012

An early lamb and more plans

Yesterday we went down to Derbyshire to see my family but before we went we had a run up the Beacon. We were out around first light but didn't quite need headtorchs. I was amazed to spot a ewe with a lamb in a field the other side of the river. There was a real feeling of spring in the air with birds singing in the hedgerows although we got treated to a short burst of sleety rain when we were about three-quarters of the way up the main climb on the Beacon!

Along with the events I've already targeted for this year I'm also going to enter the Wadsworth Trog and probably the Heptonstall fell race. I notice entries have also opened now for the Wharfedale Off-road Marathon which I've only ever done once before and somehow I've been talked into entering the Saunders Mountain Marathon with John Preston!

No comments:

Post a Comment