Monday 2 April 2012

Migrants

I've been really busy with work the last week or so and haven't managed a run since last Sunday. I was in the West Country for work this week just gone, then spent the weekend in Devon with Stef and her family

I got up early both Saturday and Sunday this weekend and went down to the Axe estuary. A combination of  low tides when I was out, the weather and the time of year (a few weeks early for a lot of migratory species) made for not fantastic bird watching but I did see and hear blackcap, willow warblers and chiffchaff

Stef and I are at home  for Easter and I think we're both ready for a break from work. What we do depends a lot on the weather with snow forecast for tomorrow in Scotland but I'm looking forward to some running and walks by the river. I noticed several sand martin near Ben Rhydding this evening on by way home and it'll be time soon to look and listen out for roding woodcock at Barden bridge and not too long before the pied flycatcher and wood warbler are back too

No comments:

Post a Comment