Saturday 23 June 2012

Cabbages and Condoms


I arrived in Bangkok yesterday afternoon after an uneventful flight from Jakarta. Last night after a couple of Singha beers at the hotel I went for dinner to Cabbages and Condoms with my Indonesian colleague and the guy who runs our operation here in Bangkok. I'd been there once before on holiday maybe ten years ago but it was in the afternoon and I seem to remember being slightly disapointed but last night it was busy and good fun

The food (in my case the first solid food I'd had in 48hours apart from two slices of toast) was good and I had Thai chicken soup, pork green curry and fried rice. My colleagues had crab fried rice, chicken cooked in banana leaves and soft shell crabs. Beer was also taken

The last few times I've been to Bangkok I've flown in, had a meeting and a night in a hotel out of the city and then moved on to Vietnam the next day. I'm looking forward to spending a week here now. I've got some hard work to do including two days of staff training but it'll be great to have a bit of time in one of the world's great cities

No comments:

Post a Comment