Monday 20 August 2012

23:30


Martyn's decision to postpone his Bob Graham start by 24hours turned out brilliantly. The weather in Keswick, which was of biblical proportions on Friday teatime, cleared up around lunchtime on Saturday and Martyn and his leg one pacers set off on a perfect evening to be out on the hill. We did leg five as planned and the weather had closed in again as we waited at Honister, but it wasn't a problem and he finished strongly in 23hours 30minutes. Martyn's training over the last year or so paid off and he sprinted up the market place before climbing the Moot Hall steps for the traditional celebration photos. Dave H, who led us off Robinson on a great runnable line, took the photo above

1 comment:

  1. Don't know how I managed that sprint, my feet were killing me! I should have perhaps changed into something a bit cushioned at Wasdale, I wore Mudclaws all the way round and paid the price as the bottom of my feet are really bruised and sore ... perhaps if I had the run in from Newlands might have been a bit faster, but in the end I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm still buzzing with happiness!

    ReplyDelete