Sunday 2 December 2012

The president, the pies and an owl

Yesterday was KCAC President Tony Minikin's 70th birthday run and a splendid outing it was. The day shaped up something like: bacon butties and lashings of tea, followed by an 11 mile run at social pace (off-road taking in some lovely tracks, trails and paths), home-made pies with mushy peas (and mint-sauce) courtesy of Mrs Minikin, then beers at the Brown Cow, Keighley. There were 19 of us for the run and I don't know how many in the Cow. The craic was great all day and we were out for about nine hours all told! Stef met some new pals and I caught up with folk I see about every two years

Today we did another 6 miler over Pin Haw and also had a close encounter with a tawny owl, sat in the beautiful winter sun having a cheeky afternoon nap! The photo isn't great, (it was taken on my phone) but I couldn't resist posting. What a fabulous bird 

1 comment: