Friday 8 November 2013

100% Northern

I've probably blogged this before, but I was born in Derby and spent the first 40 years of my life living around 10 to 15 miles North of the city. However, I moved up to live on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales in 2004 and have lived here ever since. My first five years in Yorkshire were spent working in Bradford, and I've always felt more Northern than Southern although I always tell folk 'am frum midlans' if they ask

Earlier today I did the 'How Northern are you?' test with Stef. She was 70% Northern in spite of not knowing what a balm is and having dinner in the evening as opposed to tea. That's good going for someone who was living in Southampton only two years ago. I was quite pleased (and oddly kind of relieved) with my 100% Northern status in spite of answering bitter instead of mild. I guess I won't be heading southbound any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment