Wednesday 18 December 2013

Slight return

Stef dragged me out for a lap of the village on Monday evening and we managed another couple of these 20 minute jogs yesterday and today. I couldn't believe how sore my legs were on Tuesday morning although, thankfully, the worst of the dreaded breathlessness seems to be abating. Next year's big target is the Lakeland 100 and races / challenge events we have entered or planned to enter (Hebden LDWA, the Grizzly - my first but not Stef's, Haworth Hobble etc) are all basically training runs for the 100. I've got a lot of fitness to get back (and a lot of weight to lose) but I feel better (and have been sleeping better) for the return to running. The good news is my endurance base is usually good and I respond quickly to training normally so hopefully some improvement will be gained soon  

No comments:

Post a Comment