Monday 21 July 2014

The Green gym

If the Dales National Park is God's gym (which it surely is), then our (modest) garden is the Green gym. No running was done over the weekend, but a bit of walking plus five hours hard graft in the Green. I'd have to run all day to get blisters on my feet like those on my palms this morning. It all goes in the pot labelled Binman Fitness

My father was a coal merchant. He used to run up and down folks' drives, garden paths and ginnels with a half hundredweight of coal on his back. He never went to a gym in his life but he was like a bull. Andy Fitzpatrick's blog post has fascinated me since I first saw it. I'm as weak as a kitten, but not weedy. Getting fit is easy, getting harder / tougher, isn't but it might help next summer after 30 + hours on our feet 

No comments:

Post a Comment