Sunday 5 February 2017

Gargrave perch fishing


The Canal & River Trust run a scheme called Waterway Wanderers where anglers can buy a permit to fish lengths of canal not managed in the traditional way by local angling clubs. The canal around Gargrave is included on the permit and I've had a couple of short sessions perch fishing albeit with limited success! A friend of mine who lives near Skipton has a son who wants to try fishing and I've suggested we have a go on the Gargrave stretch, hence my recent visits. I think we shall wait a bit for the water to warm up first because fishing is hard work at the moment


1 comment:

  1. If it's anything like my local canal the Bridgewater Canal in Greater Manchester then between May and September you will catch lots of fish, October through to April however is a dead loss and feels very much like flogging a dead horse.

    ReplyDelete