Wednesday 24 May 2017

Excalibur marathon


Stef,  Tuss and I ran the Excalibur marathon in Wales on Sunday. Stef ran well and Tuss breezed round getting compliments galore. Hewas awarded a medal and t-shirt by race organisers (and our friends) Pat and Nigel from Runnershub plus a huge sausage from the caterers. I finished with a sore hamstring having been reasonsbly okay if very slow until the last three miles or so. The only other dog / human team in the race finished an hour or so ahead of us but I think Stef and Tussock could have probably matched them without me if I'm honest

The race was fantastically well organised with a lovely route starting beneath Moel Famau. Support from NE Wales search and rescue was outstanding too. We will definitely be doing the event again next year

No comments:

Post a Comment